Purchase Terms and Conditions
JW INSPECTION SERVICES OF MI, INC. INSPECTION AGREEMENT
1. Client hires JW Inspection Service of Michigan (JWISM) to conduct a:
GENERAL INSPECTION: A General INSPECTION is a limited visual inspection of the readily accessible
areas of the major systems and components of the building. Systems to be inspected include
foundation and structures, exterior, interior, roofing, plumbing, electrical, central heat, central
air conditioning (weather permitting), insulation and ventilation. JWISM will not move furniture,
move appliances, floor coverings, storage or other items to conduct this inspection or otherwise
expose concealed or inaccessible conditions. JWISM will not inspect behind finished walls or
ceilings or other barriers.
JWISM agrees to conduct an inspection for the purpose of informing the buyer(s) of “Major Defects”
in the condition of this property that were in existence at the time of this inspection and visible
to the inspector(s). Maintenance items and surface defects may be discussed but are not a part of
the scope of this Report. This inspection is not to determine compliance with any current or past
governmental codes and is not technically exhaustive. WE ARE NOT CODE INSPECTORS!
The inspection will be performed in a manner consistent with the inspection Standards of the
American Society of Home Inspectors and InterNACHI.
LABORATORY INSPECTION. A Laboratory Inspection includes collection of samples for submission to
independent testing facilities for the presence of specific hazards. JWISM will collect the samples
and submit the samples to the testing facilities. JWISM does not do any testing itself. JWISM does
not do mold inspections unless they are contracted to do so.
2. The client understands that for any inspection (General Inspection or Laboratory Inspection)
JWISM is not an insurer to guarantor against defects in the building and improvements, systems or
components inspected. JWISM makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the fitness for use or
condition of the systems or components inspected.
3. Systems and conditions which are not within the scope of the building inspection include, but
are not limited to, formaldehyde, lead paint, asbestos, toxic or flammable materials, soil
contamination, other environmental hazards, pest infestation, security systems, appliances,
playground equipment, swimming pools, spas, energy efficiency measurements, recreational
equipment, concealed or underground electric or plumbing, systems which are shut down or otherwise
secured, private sewer systems, water wells, heating system accessories, solar heating systems,
zoning or other ordinances, or building code conformity. The client understands that these systems
and conditions and information about them are excluded from this inspection and Report. Any general
comments which may appear about these systems and conditions are provided as a courtesy only and do
not represent or form a part of the inspection.
4. JWISM will provide to the client its E-mailed Report within a reasonable time following the
completion of the inspection. The inspection results are not completed until the written
Report is prepared and delivered. The written Report is the only Report upon which client may rely.
It supersedes any oral discussions between the client and JWISM.
5. The parties agree that liability of JWISM for any claim which may arise out of the performance
of this Agreement shall be limited to the amount of the contract only, which shall be client’s sole
and exclusive remedy against JWISM or its agents or employees.
6. The inspection and Report is for the sole and exclusive use of the client. The Report shall not
be provided to third parties and may not be relied upon by third parties.
7. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties. This Agreement may be
amended only by written agreement signed by both parties.
8. This Agreement shall be interpreted according to the law of the State of Michigan. If any
portion of this contract is deemed invalid under the law of the State of Michigan, then all
remaining portions shall be given full effect.
9. JWISM offers no home warranties on the home inspection or termite inspections unless you were
to purchase a One Year Guaranteed Termite Inspection.
10. A Licensed Real Estate Agent may receive a benefit through commission or other valuable
consideration on any given property where a Home Inspection has been performed.
11. JWISM is not a CODE INSPECTION COMPANY (WE DO NOT QUOTE CODE!). Once a client has closed on
the home and if they hire a Licensed Contractor and says that any particular item is not up to code
that is not the responsibility of JWISM. (JWISM is not a Code Inspection Company.)
12. JWISM can only be held responsible for the cost of the Home Inspection service performed only.
13. JWISM offers a One Year Guaranteed Termite Inspection for $175.00, which will cover the cost
of termite treatment only if found within one year. We offer no warranty on a regular $75.00
14. Rodents, bats, mice, etc. are not inspected for in a general home inspection
~~JWISM offers and recommends Waste Line Camera/Video Inspections for all homes. NOTE: JWISM does
not offer air pressure testing of waste lines and cannot warrant findings that require this
**PRE-OFFER INSPECTIONS-JWISM is now offering Pre-Offer Inspections at a reduced cost and
timeframe. Due to the restriction in time for the Pre-Offer Inspections, JWISM will hold no
responsibility for any items missed while performing a
visual only or brief summary inspection at the shortened timeframe.